- Category: North Vietnam
- Hits: 751
DAY 1 : HANOI / LAO CAI
Pick up at your hotel at around 20h30 and transfer to the railway station to catch the night train to Lao Cai (Departure: 21h15 on the local train. Note that Victoria train depart at 21h55).
Overnight on board.
DAY 2 : LAO CAI / SAPA (B)
Arrive at Lao Cai station early in the morning and then drive to Sapa (1 hour), home to over 30 colourful hill tribes (including Black H'mong, Flower H'mong, Red Dao) and to Vietnam's highest peak: Mount Fansipan.
Breakfast on arrival just after check-in. In the afternoon, explore Sapa town and its local market as well as Thac Bac Waterfalls.
Overnight in Sapa.
DAY 3 : SAPA (B/L) < light trekking>
Breakfast at the hotel. A full day discovering the minority villages located in the Sapa Valley. Drive to Lao Chai and then trek (2 km) through rice fields to a traditional Black H'Mong house and then continue the trek to Ta Van village (2 km) to visit a Giay minority village. Then walk through a bamboo forest until you reach Giangtachai, a Red Dzao village. This part of the trip is fascinating with beautiful scenery and colourful ethnic minorities such as the Red Dao with their unique customs and traditions. Your driver will be waiting for you at Giangtachai to bring you back to the hotel. Local lunch in Sapa.
Overnight in Sapa.
DAY 4 : SAPA / LAO CAI
After breakfast at the hotel, you check out. You will then have an excursion to one of the charming minority markets in the region (depending on which day of the week it is).
After a local lunch, drive to Lao Cai for the overnight local train to Hanoi leaving at 20h15 (Note that Victoria train depart at 21h05).
Overnight on the train.
- Monday: Paso Market (110 km from Sapa or 150 km from Lao Cai).
- Wednesday: Chin Xen (116 km from Lao Cai or 156 km from Sapa) or Cao Son (80 km from Lao Cai or 120 km from Sapa).
- Thursday: Lung Khau Nhi (61 km from Lao cai or 90 km from Sapa).
- Saturdays: Can Cau Market. Located in a neighboring valley to Sapa. To reach the market, follow a spectacular road with beautiful scenery. This market is the weekly meeting point for Flower H/Mong, Fula, Black H'Mong and is one the most authentic markets in the region. After the market, visit some nearby villages before returning leisurely to Lao Cai.
- Sundays: Muong Khuong or Bac Ha Markets: the busiest market of the region where you will meet the H'Mongs, Fula, Dao and other ethnic minorities who come and exchange not only the goods but the gossip of their own community.
Note:Tuesdays' Coc Ly Market is temporally inaccessible until further notice.
Note: Room for day use at Lao Cai until the train's departure is recommended.
Option:After visiting the market, return to Hanoi by road (360 km = 7h) along the Red River. On the way, we could stop to visit some minority villages. Arrive in Hanoi early in the evening. Overnight in Hanoi.
DAY 5 : LAO CAI / HANOI
Arrive in Hanoi at around 4h30 (local train) or 5h30 (Victoria train) and proceed to your hotel.
End of our services.
Option: Day use room in Hanoi upon arrival.
Our prices include:
- Transfer by private air-conditioned vehicle.
- English speaking guide.
- Accommodation in twin or double shared room including breakfast.
- Local train Hanoi - Lao Cai - Hanoi in sleeping carriages of 4 berths with air-conditioning.
- Meals as mentioned on the program: (B) for breakfast and (L) for lunch.
Our prices do not include:
- Drinks, tips, personal expenses and all services not clearly mentioned.
- Accommodation in Hanoi.